Thursday, August 8, 2013

Give Me a Brake...please?



So I'm out screaming down some winding country road at night, going way faster then the speed limit...I round the last bend and there's the stop sign and the intersection of a main road. I hit the rear brake and nothing! I squash my front brake lever to the bar and nothing! I dump the shifter down into first and while squashing the front brake lever and dragging my feet, stop just in time...Now this has happened to me before and felt like a loss of brake clevis...It was pitch black, I road another half mile and stopped where there was some light at a quarry entrance to see which clevis was missing. It was the one at the back of the pedal rod. I checked my pockets and found a bungee cord that I keep to strap my leather to the handlebars when applicable...I slipped the metal hook through the clevis and headed home...
BTW, I replaced all the clevis pins, washers and cotter pins some time ago with new ones so I don't know why it left me...
Oh well ...all in a night's ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment