Monday, October 14, 2013

Flat Track Mods...46 FL


Yanked the front fender...

Flip up foot peg in place of the floor board...

Installed and ready for rubber...

Thick rubber Bungee 

Cut to size

Friction tape to peg and bracket...

And there you have it...a peg for your steel shoe 
that will flip back down after it hits the track in a turn...



Bringin' the 46 Knuckle and the WLDR

Flat track racing in NY State this Sunday...Oakland Valley Speedway  http://www.oaklandvalleyspeedway.com/  we should have several Panheads and at least one Knuckle running! My buddy Marty is trying to get the old 80ci class back. That would be big twins...Pans, Knuckles and big Flatheads. I'm also bringing my WLDR...hopefully their'll be some 45's to race up there.
My buddy Russ Paradise (RIP) showed me the trick with the rubber bungee taped to the peg so it will flip back down after the turn... I'm still pretty low and don't have a raised trans so I'm guessin' I'll be draggin' some primary...I'd like to put an 18 on the rear. I'll have to dig around and see what I got. If not I'll just try it with the 16...


1 comment:

  1. Pretty cool stuff. Thanks for sharing, Can we report this (with a link back ) on the www.caimag.com Classic American Iron site?

    ReplyDelete