Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Karl Duffner - RIP

Karl Duffner's Incredible Head Stone


On Thanksgiving Day we lost Karl Duffner after a long, tough bout with cancer. He was 70 Years old and a member of several chapters of the AMCA in and around Eastern Pennsylvania.
I attended a benefit ride for him last year (I think it was last year).
Karl rode the shit out of his motorcycles...BMW, 1959 H-D Panhead (Red White and Blue), 1960 BSA Gold Star, etc. Karl was an interesting character to say the least. He came to the US from Germany in the 1950's and has always been a serious motorcycle enthusiast. I didn't know Karl well, I would see him at the AMCA Meets with his jet black hair and wild bikes.

Karl is immortalized in the form of an unbelievable headstone. I have never seen anything like this before.... RIP Karl...



Thanks to Dave Minerva for letting me know.
I have been doing too many of these in the last couple of years...

No comments:

Post a Comment