Tuesday, July 16, 2013

38 WLDR - Re-Rinse, Shift Rod and Fuel Filter...



Major re-rinsing. Pulled off the old shift rod...

Got as much sand out as possible...and oiled

Clean up and installed later Servi shift rod and later fuel filter

No slop... (-52) Servi-car shift rod...

Proper rod bendage...around (-41) fuel filter...

Sand free Pri ma ree....

 A few hours and a lot of cleaner and lube and the WLDR is a little less crunchy. I installed a later (-52) Servi-car shift rod that takes a shoulder bolt at the trans shift lever. This should eliminate sloppy shifting ( at least one point of it). I also had to remove the early fuel filter and install the "later" (-41) style to clear the rod.
Still not sure about my gearing...I dropped the motor sprocket to 22 teeth and this changes the ratio to slightly out of range for the factory recommended WR 1/2 mile gearing (calculating with my other gears)...we shall see...


2 comments:

  1. Man, it's wonderful, I hope it runs as well as it did in its halcyon days of legend, incredible bike, enjoy. Going back for read of Harry Sucher right now !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to miss Wauseon this year ... damn it! From the look of things that's where your heading? Have fun Jeff!

    ReplyDelete