Thursday, March 14, 2013

Love Reign (Rain) O're Me!!! - Part 2

At the Love Shack on Thursday

Dan gettin' bad ass on Jeremiah's chopper


Mike's for the BBQ and Big Burn...need to give this blaze it's space...


At the Hide Away where we met up with Jeremiah and the group coming outta Phoenix...

Rain, hail, mud, sand, washouts...no problem for these factory equipped machines...(I mean the two in the middle of course)

This one looks familiar...




The sky looks just about ready...and it was...


Grant's Flathead...

Mike's Pan and my Loaner...
Made it to the lake!



Soaked and muddy...

Preferred parking...

Mike looks happy to be here!

Looks like a few are getting ready to sprint to the Port-a-Johns...












Always there to lend a hand....



This was a favorite spot to hang out...



Getting used to my new I-Phone...kinda

Another finger shot...

Nice Pan from CA....



More help...


Action shot...



I was awakened Friday morning by bright lightening and rain. The rain was on and off with some scattered blue as Mike and I worked on the clutch of my loaner and a few other bugs, in the garage. The temperature was in the 40's at best. We were waiting on the call from Jeremiah to let us know the group coming up from Phoenix made it to the Hide Away, a lunch and beer stop on the way to Bartlett Lake.
We got the call, buttoned up the bikes and headed over. There were a bunch of choppers at the bar and I took some time to walk the lot and check 'em out. I met Grant (Born Free) and a few others. We all ate drank a few, gassed up and hit the road.
It wasn't bad for a few miles and then all hell broke loose. Driving rain, flash floods and yes...even hail! At every turn I expected to find a chopper in the crashed in the brush...hell I had fenders and a windshield and couldn't see a thing! A few guys pulled over to piss or make adjustments but no crashes! The final couple miles was unpaved winding, hilly mud...no fuckin' way were these fenderless, extended fork bikes making it through that...Fuck if they didn't! Not one crashed on the way in! (at the beach later was another story)...
The spot Jeremiah picked was perfect for the party. His folks were already there set up with a fire, food prep, tables a few tents and supplies. Mike and I hung out there most of the day and then headed back to Cave Creek for the evenings activities...

Oh... and there was a rare "Hairless Desert Sasquatch" sighting!!!...but I'll have to get permission to run that photo....

More to come...

1 comment: