Sunday, April 7, 2013

Cliff Macoy Visit...Knuckleheads, Aviation and Midget Racing!


Cliff circa 1950 at his sisters house in Willow Grove PA

Cliff Saturday 4/6/2013
I didn't realize the similarity in the pose until I put these pics onto the Blog...

Cliff and the Knuckle...It's a 1937 61" in 1947 clothing...

Cliff's Sister on the Knuckle


Cliff and his brother...

Cliff's wife and daughter...

Cliff in the driver's seat...



The garages at Indy...50's



Cliff's brother in the late 30's early 40's Soap Box derby...

Cliff in the late 30's early 40's Soap Box Derby

Per Cliff..."A couple of British guys..."

Cliff with his Stock Car "Squeaky" 1953... Cliff told me he did'n't really like Stock Car racing too much, they were too big and clunky for him. He preferred the open wheel Midgets...

Cliff and his brother 60's?

As promised Cliff Macoy came to visit with me on Saturday. He brought over a bunch of photo albums and we sat at the kitchen table looking through every picture as he relayed his history in Midget Racing, Aviation and life in general to me...Great stories and great photos! I managed to run a few photos through the scanner while he was here. It was all a bit overwhelming, as I was trying to soak in the stories of WWII pilots he knew, racing history, motorcycles, family...damn I wish I had a tape recorder! Tales of american heroes like A.J. Foyt and Chuck Yeager, their families, friends, adventures...incredible!
It was a great morning! Enjoy the photos!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a real cool guy. You meet the nicest people on a Knuck...

    ReplyDelete