Thursday, April 11, 2013

Undoing the Race of Gentlemen - 46 FL back to Streetable Condition

Fitting up the tank after the mount was fixed...



Time to align the shut off...




A little off center...



All better...

Tanks mounted!

Dash cover mounted!

Off with the number plates...



Time to mount lights and horn...

Back to Streetable condition....

The '46 FL hasn't seen the road since October when I broke the tank mount beach racing. I finally got my ass in gear and got it back together. While I was at it I aligned the gas shut off. I just need a battery and to clean the sand out as much as possible. I really should pull the rear brake and primary cover for sand inspection...more work!

2 comments:

  1. love it! where is that alignment tool from? i think i need to invest in one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grant, the tool is VT No: 16-0615 OEM No: 96365-42 Gas tank fuel rod alignment tool. I borrowed one from a friend and broke it so I needed to buy him a new one. I googled it and I think I got it from http://www.narleychoppers.com/servlet/the-67436/Gas-Tank-Fuel-Rod/Detail
    for $125.00
    They range from $118.00 (AAOK) to $150.00

    ReplyDelete