Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Flat Track Knucklehead - Left Peg

Had an idea to utilize the derby screw holes for a bracket and peg to rest my steel shoe in the straights...I've tried a few other options but they didn't work well...I grabbed a piece of aluminum and started grinding and drilling...

Used an old shifter peg for a foot peg...

Cut, trimmed and finished up a bit...

Installed for fit

Looks and feels like it'll do the job...

Harley-Davidson

Black satin paint...

Blends in OK...

Not crazy about the Phillips heads

Trying these stainless 12-24 rack screws ...

If you were wondering from looking at it...the derby cover is actually welded on in 3 screw hole positions...not sure why but fuck it...a derby has 8 screws and the primary has 10 (9 of which I'm using) so I may as well take the whole outer primary cover off when need be...for 1 extra screw...

No comments:

Post a Comment