Monday, December 1, 2014

1939 Knucklehead - Brake Pedal and Bracket

Started with a crusty but solid brake pedal and bracket

Disassembled for cleaning...

Another view...

Super chunky backside...

Scraped off...

MEK time...getting rid of crud and old paint...

Cleaning up nicely...

...and so did the mounting bracket

Another view...

...and don't they look great together?

Looking good! I love finding the old Parkerize in 
good shape under the muck and old black paint!

Dug up the 7831 nut, 7055 lock washer and 6520 plain washer. I had trouble locating the nut and lock washer in my loose parts at first until I realized that they are the same nut and washer as a Knuckle rocker arm shaft...sent me in the right direction...

Ready to install...

Bolted on with a couple of suitable 
4293's (bolts) and 7045's (lock washers)

I'll need to find some decent brake clevises...these are fucked up

No comments:

Post a Comment