Monday, June 2, 2014

Knuckle TT / Flat Track Oil Tank Mods

This tab is useless and in the way...

Say goodbye...


Goodbye...

I'll clean it up a little...

Paint to match the rest of the bike...

Got fancy with a little red trim...


Placement...

Finish off with some old original Olizum decals...

It will all blend after a few dirty laps I'm sure...


Yes I bought a TT Knucklehead oil tank from Ted's...frankly they came way down in price and I probably couldn't ruin a real one for $154.00... I had to do a little of "this and that." Ted's trans spacers were crap so I tossed 'em. and why Ted put the inner primary bracket on the oil tank is beyond me...it's nowhere near where you would need it and actually interferes with the inner primary on it's new angle. I whacked it off and put a "close enough" matching paint job on it, I finished it off with a couple of NOS original Oilzum decals and it's good to go...I'm sure after a season of beatings it will all gel. I'm not a big fan of fake...sorry...faux patina so I'll let it get old and used looking by letting it get old and using it...go figure...
I really have to get my ass in gear if I want to get this out on the track the summer!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment