Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bikes I used to have...














I was going through some more old pictures and thought I would post some shots of a few of the bikes I used to have in the late 80's. A couple of the pics are from about 1990. These were bought (or built)and sold back then. The two 45's in the middle were my favorites of this bunch. The one with the 49 Hydra glide reminded me of Chino's pan and I can't explain what the previous owner of the Pink, Purple, Yellow and Blue 1948 WL was thinkin'! Jimi Hendrix, Acid, alternative life style... who knows!
I still have the red and white dice shifter knob off that one (it's on my 47 Knuckle) and there is a pink rear fender flap up in the attic that was on it.
The black bobbed Indian Chief with the leaf spring was one of several attempts I made at going over to Brand "X". It just wasn't meant to be...

1 comment:

  1. Three bikes really influenced me from films and fotos. Chino's bike, Poet's Pan (Hells Angels on Wheels) and the bike in the Danny Lyon photo 'Crossing the Ohio River.'

    I still love that scruffy, fat look with the 16s, like they were just bought from a police auction the week before and stripped down...

    ReplyDelete