Wednesday, October 26, 2011

57 Pan History

"Hen Shit" in all his splendor! (mid 80's)

Pic by Pulsating Paula


Makes a nice profile...

Pic by Pulsating Paula


Kenny after a few changes (late 80's)


Pic by Pulsating Paula


Current configuration as it appeared in GKM issue 15




Pure Gold! To me anyway. I stumbled across these pictures on the internet that Pulsating Paula took back in the 80's. I never thought I would find a picture of "Hen Shit" on the 57 Pan!

Reader's Digest Version: I assisted my friend Kenny in the purchase of this 57 Pan from another friend of mine"Hen Shit" in the Mid to late 80's. I then loaned him parts and helped in the reconfiguration to a Fatbob Ape Hanger style. Panhead Ed did the motor and other work in the late 80's early 90's. Kenny road the piss out of this Pan for many years and then it sat in a shed for many years. I got it (and my parts) back in 2006. I changed a few things like the rear fender, seats, speedo, etc. and have (along with my sons) been riding it for the past 5 years.


You can read the story in GKM Issue 15 if the mag is still available. Guy is on issue 23 currently.


There are previous posts on the Blog giving details about the bike and the stuff I did to it over the past few years.
The Pictures of "Hen Shit" are priceless! I have not seen or heard from him in 20 years...He was one of a kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment