Wednesday, August 6, 2014

1947 Knucklehead Buddy Seat Change...

Late 50's Super Soft...missing the skirt...

If I don't take a picture of this cluster fuck set up 
I end up doing it wrong for an hour...

Pure Genius...how does that go again???

47 FL complete with sofa...

Cushy...

Been ridin' the '47 FL "two up" for a while and frankly the old 1946 worn out hard as a rock horse hair Buddy Seat I was using made my "junk" numb after about 10 miles...and you don't want that happening! 
I found this late 50's Super Soft Buddy seat in the attic. It was dry and dirty so I brought it back to life. I slathered it up with Neatsfoot oil, wrapped it in a black plastic garbage bag and let it steep on the dashboard of my van in the heat for a couple days (a technique Mike Kane AZ told me about). It came out pretty good. I installed it and took it for a test ride...It feels weird, like sitting on a couch cushion...I'll have to try it "two up" and see how it feels...I really prefer a solo seat but hey, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...

1 comment: