Monday, August 1, 2011

50 Pan Distributor Leak

The fun begins...

Removed, cleaned and break!

After tonight's ride...still holding

After loosing about a quart of oil every hundred miles on my trip to Jersey and back Saturday, I decided to finally fix the distributor gasket leak. I pulled a new gasket out of the pile and cleaned everything up good with Brake Clean. I installed the gasket on the distributor with shellac...I still use Indian Head Gasket shellac. I leave the case side clean because I know I'll be pulling it out on the road somewhere someday and that's much easier with only one side shellacked. The whole job is a bit of a pain in the ass. I got everything squared away and re-timed. I fired her up and the front exhaust pushrod cork started pissing oil. I replaced them and she was pretty tight. Took it out yesterday and tonight and she seems to be holding...

No comments:

Post a Comment