Sunday, November 18, 2012

"Big Mikey" Revisited...

Big Mikey's '74 Sportster that he bought new...


Of course the Sportster spewed oil when I started it...

Warning...

"Little Mikey" (12) learning how to kick it through...

Good night buddy...

\
Found this in his garage...it hit home...

I did a little post on the passing of my good friend "Big Mikey" in October. Since then his wife called me and asked if I could help out by putting his bike away properly until his son "Little Mikey" (now 12) was old enough to mess with it. I said of course!
Well, I got back to Jersey today and took care of things...mainly just dump the gas and pull the battery, stuff like that. "Little Mikey" was assisting me and together we got it all squared away. It felt good to get this done. I gathered all his bike parts together and boxed 'em up. In doing so, I found the button pictured above...I stared at it for a few and put it back where I found it...I also found some other stuff..."Shovel Buddy" time if you catch my drift (Google it)...
Anyway, Mikey's old Sportster is resting comfortably until it's time for it to be recommissioned...I showed the kid how to kick it through and told him to go out there and do it every now and again.
Continue to R.I.P. Mikey...

1 comment:

  1. Very sad ,a friend of mine "Big Don"died in August and we've been going through the same thing ,his kids 13 yrs.old.He was a hot rod car engine builder and biker. Mothballed his old 54' panhead in an original un-cut 48'frame,offset springer & rear fender w/tombstone. Along w/3 other old rods and a few chioce motors and parts for his son. Big Don was so well liked and respected as an engine builder ,at his two car show fundraisers , the family recieved $33,000. the biggest crime of all is knowing that his only son ,Don Jr., will never know just how ripped off he got in life by losing such a great dad so early. Cancer,that's what you get for leading a clean life and being honest,up front and decent. I knew Don for 20 yrs. and wired all 4 of his shops. It sucks when I go over there to do stuff and look around the empty garages. I know how you feel.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete