Saturday, November 3, 2012

Motorcycle Mike and Sandy...

Mike with his Henderson at Brookfield NY this summer...



My good friend Mike lives on the Jersey Shore. I finally got a chance to talk to him last night. He is alive and well but his stuff took a beating. Mike lives right on a lagoon with boats in the back and bikes and cars in the front. He lifted his house a few years ago and built a sweet garage underneath....Man Cave...
I talked to him Monday night as the storm arrived. He said all was OK and the water hadn't risen. He joked about how high the water would rise...
The next day I could not contact him. I got a call from Todd in CA who said he received a text at around midnight from Mike saying 4 ft high in the garage and rising...I'm Fucked...and that was it.
There were calls back and forth to Rick in Canada, Joe Oz in Jersey and Todd in CA. We were all trying to find out how he was.
It was a couple of days before anyone had contact with him. Turns out he got about 5 ft of water. His house was saved because he had lifted it up but the stuff in the garage below was all under water.
I don't know how, but Mike was in good spirits last night when he called me. He is getting help from friends Joe Oz, Dave Minerva and others.
Mike asked me to post on the Blog that he is "OK" and that the bikes got a "good washing". He got his Panhead running yesterday and took a spin through the devastation. This is now his only transportation. His van is shot, the 'vette is wet and the Nomad is getting worked on today. I hope to get down there soon.
My problems are minuscule in comparison....

1 comment:

  1. My deepest regrets for Mike and his collection. Here's to hoping good friends, some luck and God's grace that Mike gets all back in good order. Sorry Mike from up here in Alaska. Stay Positive, Man.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete