Saturday, November 24, 2012

Braking Bad...no more


Off with the wheel and chrome brake set up...

Stripped and painted a "good" backing plate

Ready for assembly...

Assembly complete...


Install just about complete...need a cotter pin and cable hook up...

Right side with black drum and Wagner hub cap...

The Knucklehead manual I bought in 1983 when I first built this bike has been in continuous use ever since.

Well I actually made some real progress on the knuckle again yesterday. There are always snags though, for example the backing plate I was gonna use (and thought was ready to install) ended up having a loose shackle stud which had egged out the hole that it mounts into in the backing plate. I had to start from scratch with another backing plate and strip and paint it...thank god for rattle cans.... this cost me time but WTF I'm not working against a clock anyway.
Today I'll finish up the last touches on the front brake and drop it off the stand. I have a bit of wiring rework to get done due to the change in headlight/horn bracket and terminals...no big deal and I have my trusty manual that I bought in '83 for the first build of this bike.
Let's see... after that I'll mount the headlight and move back to some final assembly and adjustment of  the rear wheel, chain and chain guard. Then the primary and clutch and oh shit I gotta dig up a black outer primary cover...
I also have everything to get the gas tanks done too...let's see how far I get...

No comments:

Post a Comment