Saturday, January 18, 2014

'46 Knuckle Trans Time...


Start...

Assess the mess...

Pop up on the "lift"




Nice...

Even nicer...

Off with the inner...

Gooey...Yet Gritty

Unbolt the plate from the frame...

Had to spray some WD-40 on the bolts...
not for rust...just so I could find 'em

Wiggle and yank out the primary side...

And there you have it...





Proper packaging...

...Finished

My shifting on the '46 Knuckle was gettin' sloppy. The shifter lever shaft was really loose in the lid and the trans required some finesse to get into gear. This becomes more critical when drag racing and flat tracking...missin' that gear will cost you the race...
So, while I had the clutch off and what not, I decided to pull the trans and give it a "go through". I really hate getting rid of all that well earned gunk and dirt but fuck, the things gotta work right and I'll have plenty of opportunity to get 'er gunked up again!
I'm gonna put the 16 back on the rear and the 18 with  the 4.50 x 18 tire back on the front. It's also time to get all the street gear back on...lights, horn, etc. I miss tearing this thing up on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment