Tuesday, April 22, 2014

45 to 74 Fork Conversion Kit...Ted's...

Only using the races and head cone nut above (right)

I want to use a factory extended springer fork on the Knuckle I'm building but I have two that are both for "45"s. I heard Ted V-Twin sells a conversion kit. I read some reviews here and there and most said it worked. I bought the $117 kit. 
Well for starters they put the wrong top nut in the kit I got! It's a 1 in top nut.. The bearing cups are regular re-pop big twin which I don't need, and a pack of Taiwan ball bearings that I don't trust...  As I looked over everything I realized they don't include the lower cone spacer for the lower race. 
So to sum it up: out of seven parts I will use only three and have to supply three of my own... the lower cone spacer, top 7/8 nut and good ball bearings...$117!
I'll let you know how it works out....

1 comment:

  1. I bought one of those kits about 7-8 years ago for around $89. Came in a small white box, not a blister pack like yours. Exact same parts. You'd think they'd have it figured out by now. But NO......

    ReplyDelete