Monday, June 15, 2015

Monk...


Jimmy Monk appeared on my doorstep last Wednesday on his cross counrty Sportster...I gave him a proper machine to ride for the evening and we were off!

Jimmy loved his night light...

...but not so much his Scrapple...

The 2001 Street Tracker / Cross Country Touring Bike

He seems quite proud of it...
as we prepared to head out to the AMCA Meet in Rhinebeck NY

In my rear view for three hours...

Taking Rhinebeck by storm...

Jimmy's eclectic array of vending items...

I had the chance to perform a high tech repair on Jimmy's cross country machine...

a nap in the grass...

and he's off to Whereabouts Unknown...

Jimmy Monk from London England contacted me last Tuesday and said he was heading east during a cross country MC trip in the US and asked if he could stop by for a visit...Of course! I knew there had been sightings in Chicago but never expected him to show up on my doorstep. But sure as shit he did. Monk arrived on Wednesday after a high speed front tire blow out in the middle of PA somewhere...
We had a blast. I filled him up with Yuengling and Hot Wings...I even introduced him to an Eastern PA delight...Scrapple for breakfast...( it disagreed with him all day)...
Thursday he followed me up to the AMCA meet in Rhinebeck NY and of course he ran into people he knew from all over the east coast.
Then as suddenly as he appeared, he was off again to whereabouts unknown...
Great time Jimmy I'll see you somewhere soon I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment