Sunday, June 7, 2015

Weekend Visitors...East meets West


Yujin and Ryu came to visit...they have been on vacation in the USA for three weeks so far. I met them down in Denton NC at the AMCA Meet.



I hope I don't regret this...

Out for lunch...This group was a bit confusing for the folks in PA

Making new friends...
whether they liked it or not...

OK...next...

Places of interest and Lager...


Nice ride up to the lake...


I never thought a Jersey Boy would be explaining a sushi menu to two guys from Tokyo in Pennsylvania...but it happened...
I know the girls that run this place and they sent over the one waitress that is actually from Japan. They didn't tell her that my friends were from Tokyo...When they began to talk to her in Japanese her face lit up and it was like a deaf person that could hear again...it had been forever since she could speak Japanese to someone there...she came by every chance she could just to ask them questions...it was fun to watch...of course I didn't understand a fuckin' word of it.

Rode down to the Neshaminy Chapter Bike Show at Brian's H-D








Yujin and Ryu followed us down to the show in their rental car en route to their next destination...

Posing with Ches and Kelly and the Dirty Nine

Leo's '59 Servi-Car with chrome front fender...

Dig that hub cap...

I love the black Hydra-Glide

XR 750

Inside the dealership



I met Yujin and Ryu at Denton this year. They are visiting from Tokyo. Yujin has two 1937 Knuckleheads and Ryu has an all chrome 1955 Panhead. Yujin's 1937 EL Egyptian Ivory bike came outta the same Pottstown PA dealer that my Dirty Nine came from. It also belonged to three friends of mine at one time or another over the past 25 years or so.
Yujin and Ryu have been all over the country on this trip, most recently out in South Dakota with the Olsens. They rode hundreds of miles on a couple of Carl's Knuckleheads out there. I saw video of them riding to the Black Hills. I could see that they know how to ride these old bikes. I decided to surprise them with a ride out to lunch and up to the lake. They take pictures constantly while riding, which took a little getting used to, but it was all good.
 Later that night Kelly and I took them out for Sushi...it was pretty funny...Saturday we met for breakfast where we introduced them to a local breakfast treat...Scrapple. After breakfast they followed us down to Brian's H-D for the Neshaminy Valley AMCA bike show. After hanging out, looking at bikes, meeting members and of course taking a lot of pictures, they headed over to NJ to continue their visits.
Looks like they're stopping by again today before they head out...I better get more Lager on ice!

1 comment:

  1. I know Yujin and Ryu from my Japan visits - great guys !!! Jeff - please give them my best regards and let them know that I will see them in Yokohama in December! (make sure they have a beer for me !)

    ReplyDelete