Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Hill Climber's History - Another Letter from the H-D Factory 1956

 A letter from the Factory dated April 30, 1956 responding to Larry's inquiry regarding Racing Models

 The Pamphlet mentioned in the letter from H-D

 Very cool...hand written note from the H-D Sales Department on the pamphlet regarding the lack of availability of the KHRM

The KR! (still available)

In amongst my pile of literature that came from Larry Franz Sr.'s collection are various letters and correspondence from the Harley-Davidson Factory to Larry Sr. This stuff is fantastic and tells the story of the man and his obvious interest and involvement in racing/Hillclimbing from the 1930's through the 1980's. There so much cool stuff mixed in, but my favorites are the Factory Letters. Check it out from April 30, 1956. I love the fact that the Factory Sales guy wrote a hand written note on the pamphlet. I scanned two out of four available models that were in this pamphlet. It still boggles my mind that he saved all this stuff! I mean I find letters referring to obscure things and then Bam! I find the referenced material or part is in the pile too!

Enjoy...there is more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment