Sunday, July 22, 2012

Wauseon Ohio 2012 - Part One - Liz

"White Knuckled" blasting down Route 80 in Ohio...

Liz working on her '72 Shovel ignition...


I love these utility vehicles


Check out the "Pull Backs"!

All fixed up and time for a test ride (I think she likes orange)

Carl's Trusty '39 EL ridden in from South Dakota via the Milwaukee Knucklehead Reunion

Wauseon 2012 - I loaded up the van and headed out to Wauseon last Wednesday at the crack of dawn. I arrived at the old Arrow Head Motel at about 2:30 PM and saw that Carl Olsen had just arrived on his '39 EL fresh from the Knucklehead reunion in Milwaukee WI. I kicked back on the porch with Rich from Jersey (who arrived the previous day) and a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken and several lagers. As the day went on the motel started to fill up with folks that were going to the meet. That's where I met Liz who rode her '72 Shovelhead up from Florida. I think she said she was going to or coming from a Shovelhead reunion in the Mid West somewhere. 
The bike had been running a bit rough and she began trouble shooting. Anyone else out there carry extra fly weight springs? She does...I lent a hand by holding a screwdriver in the timing slot and she got things straight on her end. She kicked the bike over and was off for a test ride. When she got back I asked how it was running. She answered "Not perfect... but good enough". From what I hear she rides that bike all across the country...
Just when I start getting down on the way "motorcycling" has gone, with the wanna be "HOG" members dressing the part and shit like that, I run into someone like Liz and it restores my faith in this lifestyle....
It was an honor to meet you Liz and I'll see you out there somewhere...

More to come on Wauseon...

No comments:

Post a Comment