Sunday, March 4, 2012

1961 Pan "Bring it back to stock"

BEFORE
I had the above Polaroid hanging in the top of my tool box since '94. The 1961 Pan "Poor Man's Chopper". I thought I was lucky at the time that the builder didn't have the money to really fuck this up. Home made struts, exhaust, no chrome on the motor, the trees and lower legs were not shaved, etc.

 AFTER
AFTER
Knock out a little molding on the neck, weld on some fatbob mounts gather up some stock parts and there you have it..."Bring it back to stock". In the later 80's and early to mid 90's this was the way to go. I knocked out a lot of Bondo in those days. These days I would have probably kept the Pan as a "Poor Man's Chopper".

4 comments:

  1. personally, im loving the 'after' shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I like the way it turned out too...those shots are from the late 90's. It's long gone now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the "after" shots too!

    As time marches on I guess it's not uncommon to want to do things differently - Here's a thought? How times have you wished you still had that bike or part you sold? I bet the "photo-blog" would be real long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. As a wise man once told me..."I have never regretted the things I have bought only the things I have sold". Of course he was trying to talk a "20 something" year old (me) into buying a 1911 Yale motor...I bought it...

    ReplyDelete