Sunday, March 18, 2012

41 Hydra -Bob... Plug Blow Out

That's not supposed to happen!

I finally pulled the 41 Hydra-Bob out to see what was wrong with it after 2 years...I put a new Rubber Ducky float in it, checked the oil and installed a battery. I figured I'd just give it a try because these old bikes somehow seem to "heal" themselves when I let them sit for a while. I gassed it up, gave it a kick and it fired right up! I made some adjustments to the Linkert and it sounded pretty good so I took it down the road for some additional adjustment. Well I was working the High Speed Needle and it just kept running weirder, as I gave it the gas on my final pass I felt something hit the inside of my left leg hard and after that compressed air...Oh shit. I pulled into the driveway to find the rear plug hanging by the wire!
Could I have put the plugs in loose two years ago and put the wires back on 'em for some reason? Don't recall. It didn't take any threads out with it so I put it back in and started from scratch. I got it idling and them decided to put it away and take the 47 FL out for a blast. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. No, leave it another couple of years and it will have regenerated back to a brand new bike, you'll clean up on the Bonhams caper.

    ReplyDelete