Monday, September 10, 2012

A little more love for the "Dirty Nine"...

Pulled the old kickstand off the Dirty Nine...she was a heavy leaner...

A line up to choose the proper fit...

The old one on bottom...You can really see the severe angle in this shot...

Kelly and the more upright Dirty Nine at a local Bike Night...

Chopped Pan at Bike Night

'72 Super Glide at Bike Night

After getting the exhaust squared away on the Dirty Nine, I decided to finally replace the kickstand. It caused the bike to lean so much that it would drain the trans of oil (the worn out seal and bushing don't help either). I had to set the stand on chunk of 4X4 in the garage to keep the bike from leaning too much. I pulled the stand off and did a stare and compare with a few others...wow was it bent! Not really sure how it got that bad and I know there are a couple different bends over the years but this was severe...I replaced it and she stood up pretty good...actually trans oil started leaking outta the worn out kicker arm bushing.,..
Later in the day brother Bolt-On stopped by and I picked up Kelly on the Dirty Nine. We headed to a local Bike Night a couple towns over. There were a lot of bikes (They block off about a mile of main street and bikes line both sides of the street and some of the side streets too) but cool (or even old) bikes were very few and far between. I got two shots...there were only a couple of others out there...

3 comments:

  1. is it possible to bend them back? would heating them lose any hardness or strength? mine is also wonky...! cheers man

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen ones that were obviously heated and bent but I've never done it...I'm sure it's doable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suppose I might as well try.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete