Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Prickly Pair...time to get stupid?

Dug these out today for no apparent reason...

TRELLEBORG Sweden

Motocross...hhhmmmm

Very International...Swedish Tire, Italian Rim and American Hub...

Star hubbed...

Equipped with 45 rear drum...

Front 21" on a Star Hub with Dunlop Knobby 

Time to get Stupid?

I've been wanting to do something with these wheels since I stumbled upon them in the 80's. I don't know what they were on or being used for. The front is a 21" Dunlop tire on an alloy rim (no markings other then 40 stamped in the rim) laced to a star hub. The rear is a super cool 18" Trelleborg Sweden Motocross tire on an 18" Borrani Alloy rim laced to a star hub.
 I stuck them on a 45 briefly in about 1990ish...actually it was my racing chassis (above) with a different motor and other WR tanks. I just popped around the Oley PA meet and that was it. I'm going to take the wheels off my racer anyway and clean the salt and sand out of the hubs (from T.R.O.G.). I'm thinking about throwing these on for some backyard fun....Although they would fit right up to a Knuckle as well...hhhmmm snow riding?

3 comments: