Monday, December 31, 2012

RRRRRROLLER #05 has Arrived...

RRRRRROLLER...

Surprise package from Tokyo...

Under the tree where they belong...

Wow...hope I live up to that billing...
Hey...is that Mike's old 36 EL on the left????

Yes it is...hhhmmmm...I guess it didn't go to the Midwest...

And it's featured in the same issue...

Shots Ken took in September...

WLDR Racer

The "Dirty Nine"

 '41 Hydra-Bob...

 '46 FL

Brian's Love Machine...


Pages of Brooklyn shots

Why wouldn't he be smilin'?

Just got a package of Roller Mag #05's that I'd been waiting to see from Tokyo. Thanks Roller!

Here's how this happened:
Ken Nagahara approached me through Brian at the Brooklyn Invitational in September about doing an interview and photo shoot for Roller Magazine in Japan. I had met Ken briefly in Arizona last February at the Love Party, but the crazy bastard jumped on his BSA in the middle of the night and headed back to Oakland before we got a chance to talk much.
So anyway, Brian and Ken came up the week after Brooklyn and spent the day taking photos and drinking my beer...we did a bunch of riding shots, bullshitted, looked at junk and went to a few cool locations in the area. Ended up stuffing ourselves at a local tavern and they went on their way...Good time!
Ken and I kept in touch and worked out the details over the next month or so. Man I'll tell you they don't fuck around when it comes to getting this thing out on time. Pictures taken in late September (and later) make it in for the November issue...
This issue of Roller is packed full of great stuff and nice machines. Oh and you get a free pair of Carhartt work gloves in each issue! But they don't do subscriptions overseas from what I'm told...

Hey Ken, Great Job!...you're gonna have to translate this for me because I have no idea, what the fuck, any of it says...


5 comments:

  1. No international subscriptions... Looks like a great mag, would love to get my hands on a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw them for sale at Amaon.com. However,they were $75.00 a copy...a little rich for my blood considering you need a translater as well...I can look at the same pictures on the internet for free.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine was just over in Japan and brought me 04 and 05 issues of Roller and a Cycle Headz mag.
    Great pictures but I can't read the text either. I still love those Japanese mags. You've got some very cool stuff by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, my buddy brought me a copy back from Japan. It fucking rules. You're portion is badass and took up half the mag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I've manage to track down a supply in Bangkok - 1~4 on order - Number 5 in hand. FUCK!! What an amazing magazine - the photography is mind blowing. Beautiful article on you Jeff ... I have no idea what the wrote ... but the photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete